Saturday, May 1, 2010

April 30, 2010 The fiasco continues...

Unbelievable is the word that I would use to describe this transaction to buy a home. I have never experienced such a poorly managed banking transaction.
Friday morning we had the inspector go through the house and it was pretty much what we expected to see. So that was a "go"
On the other hand it was a good thing that I was working all morning or I would have been a basket case waiting for the phone to ring.
I get home at 2:00pm and make a phone call to Debbie to find out the status of our mortgage.
I have to leave a voicemail.
I come back from picking up the kids at 3:30 and phone Debbie again. She tells me that she hasn't heard anything but she is still trying to get a hold of them.
Debbie phones back 15 minutes later and tells me that "there was a computer glitch". WHAT???
"they can't see your father's application at the other end"..WHAT???
Twitch, twitch, twich...
Great
Now what?
"Can you possibly get an extention until Monday morning?"...um, NO as there are other offers waiting on the house.
So, Debbie gets her bosses boss to phone Peter who then tells them to phone the realtors as it was their "f&%k up" and beg for an extention.
It looks like we got it as we haven't heard anything.
I have never been more frustrated!
So now we have to wait the weekend and find out monday (hopefully morning).
Still hoping to be able to start a renovation blog!
:) Miriam

3 comments:

  1. One day you may be able to laugh about this, or......this is a blog that will dialogue when you completely snap and go psycho, in which case I will be happy to testify on you behalf...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too if that is any consolation..

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO! You two! I haven't snapped yet and I've seen a lot of crap in the past 10 or so years so I don't think I'll quite go postal...well maybe if they say NO on Monday...then I'll go postal...

    ReplyDelete