Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It can't be THAT difficult! Can it????

Famous last words...It can't be That difficult can it? I found some discontinued fairings for my bike on Ebay for 300 bucks delivered. Smoking deal as most were around 600 dollars. They weren't the exact ones that I wanted but I could live with the colour until the wheels fall off the bike. 

Pete figured that I needed space to work on the bike so we put it in our front entryway which actually was pretty amusing when you think about it. The jokes were flying about smoky burnouts in the house

Yay! It's off!
 
I must say that I severely underestimated the amount of time that it would take me to remove all of the old bolts and fairings and replace them with the new ones.
The bolt schematic was a blast to try and decipher and I had to make some modifications and reuse some of my old ones to make it all fit together. There were 14 pieces and each piece linked in with every other piece so you had to be very precise when you put it on.

 I did a WHOLE bunch of bike yoga...


Putting fairings on a sportbike is a LOT more challenging that you would think it is. The weather was awful at the time and I thought it would take me a week to get the fairings changed. What I thought I would have done in a week, took me THREE with A LOT of cursing. I don't know how my mechanic does this day in and day out without pulling out every hair on his head!

When all is said and done, I'm happy with how it turned out, but I will NEVER do this again!

Before and After

Taking her out for a test ride

 

No comments:

Post a Comment