Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wow...I have a LOT of catching up to do here!

Last April I had to opportunity to upgrade my VLX to something with more power...LOTS of power! I went over to riding a sportbike! I put my beloved VLX up for sale and she went to a new rider who I am sure is loving her to death. I had the opportunity to buy my friend Bobbi's bike ('06 Honda CBR 600RR)which was written off by ICBC because a lady backed into it with her car. The bike fell over but all the fairings on the left side were scratched.
So, I got to pick her up for the tune of $4000 bucks. It didn't matter to me that the fairings were scratched just that it was mechanically sound, which it was.

 23,000kms on her when I bought her which was 1000 more than my lifetime kms riding. Easy to keep track of all my bike time now :)

Bringing her home was QUITE the rush! I was almost afraid of killing myself. Riding a sportbike is COMPLETELY different than riding a cruiser! The tolerances are so much tighter. I just had to twist the throttle 1/4 of a turn and I went from 60kms/hr to 120kms/hr in no time at all.

I was thrilled to move from 4 to SIX count em...SIX gears! What a treat! It was nice to have a motorcycle that didn't have to work so hard to go faster...And FASTER it goes!

I found that I had to use all of my core muscles to hold me onto the bike. It's quite the workout just staying on! :)

I am going to ride this bike until the wheels fall off and hopefully by that time I will be ready to tour and will be ready for yet another bike. I'm leaning towards buying a sport tour but I have quite a few years to decide.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment