Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How it all began...

I never in a zillion years would have imagined riding my own, but here I am 9 months later and loving the riding lifestyle and the new friends that I have met along the way. 

It really began in May 2007 when gasoline went up to 1.35 per litre. It was starting to cost me dearly just to get to and from work every month! I don't have a new car, it's a 1982 Oldsmobile Omega so you can see that she's a huge gas guzzler! 

We were wandering around Action Motorcycles and I kept saying to Peter, "I think I should get a scooter". He told me that I should get a motorcycle because the distance that I have to travel doesn't really make a scooter the best choice plus I wouldn't be able to go on the highway with it. I kept stalling about that as I thought it was a pain in the butt to have to get my licence but eventually logic won out. So, I booked the riding class with Learn To Ride motorcycle training. A couple of weeks later, there is a little Kawasaki KZ250 sitting by the side of the road on the way home with a for sale sign on it. I looked at it on the way by but didn't think much of it. Peter on the other hand, stopped, checked it out, called the guy, and took it for a spin. He gave me a call and told me, "I think we found you a bike. The guy doesn't want to take the effort to clean it up so it's yours for five hundred bucks." My response was, "SOLD!" Peter came home and we ran out to pull the money out of the bank because Visa is "everywhere you want to be" and we wanted the bike to "be" in our driveway. We brought the bike home and I was now a "biker chick"...well kind of....

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment