Thursday, January 8, 2009

so now what?

So it's early May by this time and I have this bike sitting in my driveway. It's not insured or registered and i don't even have my learners licence yet so I decide to start cleaning up and polishing up the bike. I never imagined that it could be that much work! 

The first thing on the list was to give her a nice hot soapy bath! She had been sitting around for a while and she was DIRTY! I found some rust in places and found out that wet aluminum foil works wonders on rusted chrome without scratching it! So after getting the rust under control I started to polish her; for hours!

After putting about 10 hours into it, hubby tells me to try the dremmel tool. Well, the corrosion on the engine case started to fly! I couldn't believe how much faster it went using the dremmel! It was a matter of personal pride and the fact that the bike wasn't going anywhere until I had my gear! By the time I started to get into riding her I had put 35 hours into detailing her. She started looking pretty respectable.

Meanwhile I was on the hunt for some decent gear. Peter and I had gone to SG Power to try on and price some gear. I fell in love with my Yamaha Luv jacket! Since I had such a nice jacket, I HAD to have a matching helmet! Sadly, when I asked SG Power if they had my pink Mainframe helmet, they told me that I couldn't get it anymore. It must have been last year's stock. Well, that wasn't going to stop me! I came home and started browsing around on Ebay to see if I could find it there. Not only did I find it, but I also found out that I could get my gear just as new for less money! I ordered it all from Ebay and ended up saving myself over 350 dollars! Not only did I have gear that I needed, but I had gear that I LOVED! I was waiting anyway to register the bike, so it wasn't a big deal to have to wait for the gear. When each piece of gear arrived in the mail, it was like Christmas! Talk about fun!

Next...
I get on the bike!



3 comments:

  1. Whoooo hooo Mir, was a great slide show, and you were Riding like a Pro in no time flat. Going to add a link to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Mir!!! YOU GO GIRL! Riding Like a Pro, you're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff Miriam. Keep on riding and having a great time!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete