Friday, July 24, 2009

The evening of July 16



Myself, Rusty and Pepsi (the worlds' worst little hooligans...har..har..not!), Keith and Marianne, Dan, Bill, Karen, Arlene Chris, Scott, Scott, Heidi and Jim, and Ed and Sue were all hanging around the "campfire" yacking away for the evening. I was greatful that Keith and Marianne saved us some camping spaces which ended up being in one of the best spots, right on the corner not too far from the grounds or the creek, although that didn't save me from getting blisters where my sandals rubbed on my heels, but that's another story...

I found out that night that I brought WAY too much stuff with me, now I'll know for next time as Keith and Marianne not only set up camp, but they had brought a complete camp kitchen with them as well! I was very impressed!

So although there were no campfires allowed, Keith had a snazzy propane fired one with briquettes and everything in it so it was great to sit around and tell horror stories. They don't call it the "geritol section" for nothing. I swear I saw an entire pharmacy come out that night as everyone had to take an assorted pill for something or other...quite amusing...

I think I headed to bed somewhere around 10pm. I was pretty pooped from riding all day but couldn't wait to discover what was waiting up at the grounds the next day! I had to borrow Bill's flashlight so I could find my flashlight (I know....) and my ear plugs. I had a feeling that between the bikes going by all night and the general chatting going on that I would need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment