Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday, July 16th

What a great day!
Ed, Sue, Bill, and I all headed out to the ferry at 5:30am. Len and Jenn weren't too far behind, getting into the lineup about 10 minutes after we did. It sure is different being at the front of the line with no waits. It's a real treat.
So after learning about parking on the ferry everyone proceeds to book it upstairs to the buffet while I stay behind and yack for a few minutes.

After I find out where everyone is, I wait in line to get something to eat, and wait, and wait. I don't think the line moved for 20 minutes. I met a nice lady and her kids that were travelling back to Edmonton and was joking as another walked by with a coffee, "She has coffee! Get her!" The lady laughed and said, "If I was waiting for coffee I could go to the front and get it and that I only had to wait in line for food". DUH! Off I go to get a coffee and meet everyone who have been sitting down and have already eaten. I think they were wondering if I fell off the ferry. I'll now know for next time. I haven't been on a ferry for 4 years...

Finally we get to the other side and disembark into the great blue yonder.

The roads were spectacular! The scenery was breathtaking. We stopped by a rest stop around Hope and wondered if my tank had an eternal gas spring as I was at 205 kms and hadn't even hit my reserve. As we were stopped I looked around at the mountains and thought that they confirm that I'm only here for mere moments so I'd better make the best of it!

We stopped off at the log cabin pub in Spences Bridge or also called "the middle of butt-f**k nowhere" but it was really cool inside. They had an old harley on display as well as some other interesting articles. The beer sure tasted good as the temperature outside must have been nearing 30 degrees, but you won't hear me complaining! The burger I had was really tasty too!

After riding for about 12 hours we arrived at our destination...THE STOMP! I learned a couple of things here...
1. It's interesting trying to park your bike on uneven ground
2. That piece of metal that I brought with me sure came in handy, and
3. Setting up my tent at home was MUCH easier! Murphy's law...



No comments:

Post a Comment