Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Friday, July 17th...The first night of the party


Who said you had to sit on your motorcycle seat? Not these guys obviously! The evening started with a stellar bike jumping display by two very brave young gentlemen. You have to be young to do this stuff as I'm pushing 40 and look at it and think, "YOU"RE CRAZY!"
It sure makes those mountain twisties look lame!


After these brave souls entertained us for about half an hour, I cracked another beer (probably about my 5th for the day) and settled down to visit a bit more with Bee, Brian, Jenn, and Len, Bill, and everyone else who wandered along to say hello. I'm thinking that next year I have to be up on the grounds to take in the entire experience and I'm going to drag my sis along!

The band began to play and they were good. The music was alright but not my genre. Had I been about 10 years older I would have probably enjoyed it a bit more. I kept waiting for more upbeat tunes. I guess the last band of the night was the one that I was waiting for, but I had long since gone to bed before they started. That was at 1am!

I learned that night that there are some things that are extremely important to enjoy your weekend. The first thing is a cooler full of beer and the second is EARPLUGS! I guess the third would be a swimsuit to jump into the creek with!

No comments:

Post a Comment