Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Saturday, July 18th...The biker games!

I first woke up that morning and thought, "that's interesting, the band's still playing!" It was about 5:45 am at this time. I'd had a whole 4 1/2 hours of sleep (wouldn't have had any had I not had my ear plugs!) and I was ready for another day! No one was up in the camp at this time so I thought I would light up my little camp stove and make a coffee in my little one-cupper.. Forget it! I couldn't get the darned thing to light and gave up trying after about 20 minutes. My horrid camp stove experience was saved the the camp waking up and putting on the 20 cup perk.The day before I had bought "bribery muffins" for breakfast for my saviours. I figured that it was the least I could do to thank them for being such great hosts. It didn't take long for them to disappear either (the muffins, not the hosts!)

After a lovely coffee, I wandered over to see if anyone was awake at Bee and Bry's camp and there was! They also had some blessed coffee on and even wanted to share too! After visiting for a while I decided to go and jump in the creek again to cool off as the temperature was rising quickly! It was a little chilly when I got up in the morning and had started in sweatpants, but within the hour it had to be up to 24 degrees and I was ready for shorts! I was planning on spending the afternoon in camp so I had great reserve and cracked my first beer at noon...


By the time I wandered back, Jenn, Len, Ed, Sue, and Bill had woken up and were having a coffee with Bee and Bry. Seating was becoming a rare commodity and we were playing musical chairs for the afternoon. Jenn wanted to touch Len, but Ed kept getting in the way!

Watching the biker games was a HOOT! I'd never seen them before and everyone kept saying, "You can do that!" to me and I think that next year I'm going to enter them! It looks like WAY too much fun!

The first game involved picking up a potato from the cone and dropping it in the bucket then going over two see saws.
The second game was rolling a keg in front of the bike while keeping it in control, but the weenier competition was one of my favourites of the night! As you can see, the pillion had to chomp on a hot dog while balancing and not using her hands! Only one crash happened and the one that took the biggest bite won! After this, Bee, myself, and Sue went to go and get some dinner. I LOVED my perogy and sausage dinner that I had! I figured for 10 bucks it was worth not having to cook in the 34 degree heat!
I think next year I'll get Sue to do this one as she really wanted to do it this year...
This is the potato game where bikes have girls on the back that dive into a stack of hay to find a potato. Lots of wrestling seems to happen during this game! I guess some eyes get poked out and some fists get swung, but I missed it this year
And of course there has to be a burnout competition! This was the second guy that got the people running! The smoke was so thick and the smell of burning rubber is not one of my favourites!

Soon after this the bands started. I was REALLY looking forward to the HOT BUNS contest that evening and kept yelling, "BRING ON THE HOT BUNS!!!!!" By this time I had about 11 beer and was having a great time! I had to get through the wet t-shirt contest first before getting to see the buns. It sure brought me back to the days when Pete worked as the bartender in the strip bar (which BTW may be where the two guys knew me from...)

So, the hot buns competition begins and there is one ADONIS of a man up there that was just a pleasure to look at. Before the good stuff begins, some A-HOLE in the crowd decides that he's going to throw a beer bottle up on stage and ends up whacking the announcer on the head who then requires a whole lot of attendants, and an ambulance pick up later. The girls in the crowd were disgusted with the entire thing and I decided to call it a night, disapointed that I didn't get to see Adonis' butt! Meanwhile they were trying to figure out who did it. I sure wouldn't want to be the guy responsible for that!

So after borrowing Bill's flashlight (again...) I settled in for the night after organizing my stuff in the tent a bit and sticking in my earplugs again. I think between the 12 beer and the heat of the day, I fell asleep in about 10 seconds!

1 comment:

  1. Mir - I am just lovin' your blog posts on the STOMP!!! Excellent to see it with your fresh eyes!! Looking forward to the trip home too!

    ReplyDelete