Sunday, July 26, 2009

Friday, July 17th...good morning

Friday morning began with a need for sustenance. Marianne was kind enough to have some coffee on so I stayed and chatted for a while then I headed up to the grounds to hunt down some breakfast and to meet up with Jenn and Len. I got the pleasure of meeting Bee and Bryan who were wonderful hosts.

I wandered over to Mom's to get a sausage and egger and was pleasently surprised at how little the cost was and thought that I might as well eat at the vendors rather than buy groceries and try and make myself something to eat every day.

I was of course on holidays, so I had to buy myself a "little something" or 3 and I had to get a "suck up" gift for hubby. I got some great choices as the vendors were just opening up and were fully stocked (and they took visa..)

Ed and I went out for a bit of a ride to Vernon and back and things started to get a little busier in the afternoon.

By the time we got back from our ride it was 34 degrees again and I HAD to get down to the creek to cool off or I was going to melt!

It was a LOVELY dip although I was so hot that the water felt ice cold getting in! I was unprepared for this and didn't have a bathing suit, but shorts and a tank top did just fine! I walked back to camp which was about 10 minutes away and couldn't believe that my hair was dry by the time I got there. It usually takes 8 hours to dry! I was really looking forward to the party in the evening. After I got back from the creek I left my bike parked and decided that it was time for a beer (or 12 as it turned out...), but that's another story!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the separate chapters and pics along with them Mir - way to go!! Looking forward to the rest of your STOMP adventures! I deleted my last comment - forgot to check for typos before I clicked 'Post - lol

    ReplyDelete